Saturday 19 January 2013

First Quilts - DQ Vani

(Guest post by DQ Vani, the 11th in our series of 'First Quilts')


My First Quilt:



This was made about 10 years ago for my daughter. She loved pink and was a real 'girly' girl (unlike her mother who was a tomboy!). It was made in a 'quilt in a day' class. We worked for 9 hours (not really stopping for lunch) and finished the quilt top (center panel). But I was hooked and so I continued to work on it for the next two days until I had completed the sandwich and started quilting in the ditch. I realised that my very old Singer barely coped and I didn't have a walking foot. So I bought one and persevered and the end result was just fantastic. I even took it to work to show it to all my friends! I am really proud of that effort. I was so hooked by the end of it I ended up buying my lovely Janome 6600 and have been quilting ever since!

- Vani

No comments:

Post a Comment