Saturday 30 August 2014

Round the Year Quilt - Block Two -Evening at the Pond

The delay in posting the second block of the BOM quilt turned out to be much bigger than I thought!
The fabric requirement, templates and instructions for piecing and assembly are all up on my blog (links at the end of this post).
The original pattern for this block was tested for me by fellow Desi Quilter, Sobana Sundar, who blogged about it here! She suggested a number of changes in the block, which I incorporated in the final version.
Here is her test block.

Isn't it pretty -a winter evening at the pond!? What she finally did with the block is something truly creative - a stunner of a quilt.

Aren't you inspired to try out at least one block from this Block of the Month Quilt? You can build a whole quilt around a single block.
Like I said, I simplified the pattern - so that there was no curved piecing in the circle construction. Another Desi Quilter, Nikhat Arshia tested the pattern for me this time.
I also made the block in the rainbow colourway, the geese flying around the pond as the clouds clear to reveal a rainbow against the blue sky!
And here is a  really pretty block made by Vicki Trerotola in a purple colourway.


The next block is ready to be released on Monday, so one needs to get cracking on this now!
Here are the links-
Block 2 Evening at the Pond - Fabric Requirement, Cutting & Piecing Instructions and Paper PiecingTemplates
Block 2 Evening at the Pond  - Assembly Instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment