Tuesday 28 October 2014

Round the Year Quilt Block - Venus

This post is long delayed; I am sorry! This block was tested for me by DQ Anuradha Bahuguna. I love the fabric she used for the background - stars twinking against the darkening evening sky. The pattern and step by step instructions for foundation paper piecing and assembling this block can be found here. Like all the other blocks of the #MMDQ Block of the Month quilt, this also finishes at 18" square, with a 15" inset circle.
I have given you an optional colourway for the block.
This is inspired by a folded star I saw on pinterest and uses a black and white print to set off fluoroscent solids. The fabric requirements for this can be found on my blogpost here.
I am sure you are interested in seeing the blocks that the DQs have been making...

Jaya Parker...
Cindy Ellerbe

Anuradha Ramesh

Diptee Raut

Devi Nair
Revathi Sampat
Uma Srinivasan


Lots of inspiration there, right? Don't forget to check in for the sixth block to be posted on the fisrst of November, 2014.





No comments:

Post a Comment