Monday 3 September 2012

Bee Desi with Vidya1

From the desk of Vidya Vartak Joshi



Bzzz Bee Desis, Instructions for my block:

Size: 12" x 12" finished so 12.5" x 12.5' when you send it to me

Fabric: Only 100% pure mill made cotton poplin. Printed or plain

Pattern: A square grid either 4", 3", 2" and for the very brave even 1" Now here's the fun part, you can piece it any way you like with solids, prints, all filled up or lots of negative space, but only squares and Half SquareTriangles(HSTs) or a mix of both. And for the very new quilters just a regular 9 patch is fine too. Please try and press seams open wherever possible

And now for the "No,No's":
No handloom fabric
No embellishment
No black or dark bottle green
No traditional block designs like pinwheels or stars. 'Modern' look preferred.

If something or even nothing is clear don't hesitate to give me a buzz. If your imagination and Google hit a dead end let me know I'll help. But I would so like it to be 'your' block. And do post pictures of the process if you like: not just teasers and sneak peaks. I have no patience and HAVE to see right away! So get buzzing and let your imagination soar! :-)

Vidya1

1 comment:

  1. Can you please explain by what you mean Modern. Or is it that you are not keen on the common variations of squares and HST's.

    ReplyDelete